PARENTING FREEDOM

attachment parenting, homeschooling, gentle discipline
  • .: My Children :.

• .: Status Updates :.

Friday, December 21st, 2012 10:23 am

Hundreds of hurting people visit here every day, most of whom are searching for comfort after loss. Please reach out for emotional support as you begin the healing process. Be patient with yourself. Allow yourself to grieve. Let it out. May God be with you.

• .: Quotes :.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved
    as those who falsely believe they are free."
    Goethe
  • Comforting Bible Verses Following Death (Miscarriage, Stillbirth, Death, etc.)

I am so very sorry for your loss. May the Lord carry you through this unbearable pain. May the Lord be merciful and provide comfort in the reading of His word.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long? Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.” Psalm 6:2-4,6-9

The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken. In that day they will say, ‘Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.’” Isaiah 25:8,9

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

“I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” Psalm 34:4,5

“As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.” Ecclesiastes 11:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Do not be afraid… for I am with you… declares the Lord. Jeremiah 1:5,8

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5,6

“The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

“The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

“Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. Isaiah 43:5

“In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.” Psalm 56:3,4

“When you lie down, you will not be afraid, you will both lie down and sleep… For the Lord will be your confidence. Proverbs 3:24, 26

“You came near when I called you, and you said, ‘Do not fear.’” Lamentations 3:57

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” Psalm 55:22

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.Ephesians 6:10

Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father.” Colossians 1:11

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.Isaiah 40:29-31

“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3-5

“Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14

“You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” Hebrews 10:36

“Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1

“I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. 1 Samuel 1:27,28

I am sending him [her]—who is my very heart—back to you.” Philemon 1:12

“The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
    Romans 8:16-18

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.” John 10:27-29

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
    Psalm 34:18

“When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous seek refuge in God.”
    Proverbs 14:32

“Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.”
    2 Corinthians 1:9

“Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.” Hebrews 2:14-15

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.”
    2 Corinthians 1:3-5

“‘Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.’”
    John 14:1-4

“Then I saw ‘a new heaven and a new earth,’ for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.’”
    Revelation 21:1-4

“Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

A couple quotes:

“When the time comes for you to die, you need not be afraid, because death cannot separate you from God’s love.” Charles H. Spurgeon

“Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.” C.S. Lewis

In Memory of River and Jordan’s Dad.

For more on this topic, choose from the following:
    Miscarriage ~ Bible Verses ~ Blog Posts

About The Author

Welcome to PARENTING FREEDOM.com, a unique website with information based on research, experience, intuition, and Christianity. "O teach me, Lord, that I may teach the precious things Thou dost impart; And wing my words, that they may reach the hidden depths of many a heart." I encourage you to read my parenting essays linked in the left sidebar. Each topic has Scripture verses and quotes that are particularly moving. Thanks for visiting my website, and come back soon!

Comments

29 Responses to “Comforting Bible Verses Following Death (Miscarriage, Stillbirth, Death, etc.)”

1. Claire Camann says:

Thank you for posting these bible verses. My friend’s son recently died and his wife left him. He’s in a very bad place and I’m trying to steer him to faith. He’s so angry. I hope a couple of these will help him.

2. Trish Frisbee says:

I have found comfort in the verses you have posted. My husband and I lost our first son on March 13 2011 to preterm labor. We know God is within us and is comforting us. The bible verses reassure of HIs word, His promise and His love. Thank you and may God bless you!

3. Cassie says:

I have always had trouble with my faith, today I found out I will be having my second miscarriage any time now…my last one was 6 weeks ago. The verse at the top Psalm 6:2-4,6-9 really hit home for me. Those are my exact feelings and I just wanted to thank you for helping me find my faith in God.

4. carol says:

I am so sorry Cassie. I have never experienced anything more difficult than a miscarriage. Before I had one, I never thought I could survive the days where you start to spot and don’t know if it will happen or not and then it gets worse and then it takes days to get over. So awful… I don’t know why it happens, but you are not alone.

5. Ruth says:

Thank you for posting these. I just had my first miscarriage this past weekend. I have three children, a family & friends that have surrounded me with love in tangible ways, and a God who is amazing and knows what he’s doing. These verses were very comforting & I am going to use Ecclesiastes 11:5 for my baby’s “life verse”. It is perfect. Thank you again.

6. Kathee says:

Thank you for these verses. After 4 years of struggling with both cancer and infertility, we got our first positive pregnancy test. Yesterday we learned that the pregnancy is not viable and now we are waiting for the miscarriage to take place. Psalm 6:2-4, 6-9 is exactly where we are. I was trying to put the feelings into words and couldn’t until I randomly found this website with this verse. While we are devastated at our loss, hearing this verse brings a sense of comfort. Though my husband and I feel very alone, we are not without God. In addition, remembering that our brothers and sisters in Christ who have long since gone before us have also felt this way at one point or another also brings comfort.

7. Keith says:

Thank you for the verses. A good friend lost his 11 year old son in a tragic accident 3 days ago. The wake is tonight and I was looking for a verse for him to cling to in this horrible time. To anyone reading this: Please pray that through this tragedy, somehow the Lord’s light will shine….

8. Raven says:

A little over a year ago, I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. On June 14 of this year, I gave birth to a beautiful premature baby. His name was River. He passed away on July 6. Although I am sad, I am so thankful I got to meet a real-life Angel. He saved me and restored my faith and I am forever thankful. Thank you for these bible verses.

9. Tori says:

2 weeks ago I lost my twins, a son & a daughter to pre term labor, I was 17 weeks. It was my first pregnany & me & my husband were trying so long for a baby so we were very excited when we learned we were having twins. I just want to thank you for posting these bible verses because they are really comforting. May God continue to bless you all.

10. Rachel says:

I am about to have a d&c tomorrow after a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. I lost my first baby at 5 and a half weeks. It’s only been 3 months since the first one and my husband and I are very shook up and sad. But we have strong faith and have had so much support and prayers from family and friends. I was nervous about the surgery and my future as I battle with infertility, but I know that my lord Jesus Christ is in control. Thank you for posting the verses. They were exactly what I needed right now. I’m so thankful that god has a plan and that our 2 babies are praising Jesus even now as he holds them.

11. Caroline says:

My husband and I lost our precious daughter, Savannah Marie in December. She was stillborn. We had been praying for a baby for 2 years and we rejoice that God answered our prayers with Savannah. It’s not the way we would have chosen, but we know her home is in heaven with Jesus and we will be with her for all eternity. God gave me this verse to pray on the night he took her to be with Him. Psalm 118:1 “Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever.” God was good to give us Savannah and good to take her home. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

12. Carrie says:

Thanks for these verse. I recently had a miscarriage about a month ago. I am so angry at God right now but trying to search for some sort of comfort.

13. Linda says:

My daughter gave birth to my precious little grandson on April 20, 2012 at 20 weeks. He went immediately to heaven and I am thankful for the chance to have witnessed his birth into heaven. We still do not know the reason why he was born so early, but my daughter is suffering mightily. My grandson’s father is out of the picture and has not been supportive and this has complicated her suffering. It is comforting to know that our precious baby is with his loving Father in heaven.

14. nora says:

i have waited on the Lord to bless us with children, this is my 7th pregnancy, twins i was told, but going for a scan on the 11/05/2012, the doctor says they cannot find a heartbeat, and yet another miscarriage is going to happen on both babies, i and my husband are so devastated, i need a bible passage to help get through this.. this is very difficult for me and my family. i keep hearing theses words God is faithful. is it right for me to hold unto faith that God will restore life back into them, it is difficult to let go . my heart is crushed, i refuse to let go.

15. jessie says:

realy appreciate these bible verses. i and my husband lost our first child (son) after 3 day when he was born Aug 16 2010, and had 4 misscariages after wards. the last one happened in march 2012, but i know one thing for sure is that now that i have found jesus, i will no longer cast my fruits before their time any more IJN. Amen

16. Tara says:

Hello Ladies,I am so very sorry for your losses.
      I would like to share my story, in the hopes that it will help any of you.
      When My Husband & I lost our very 1st Baby (pregnancy), we did not see the blessing, we surely did not understand it, and did not understand how God uses everything to stregthen our faith. Looking back, I understand that I had a hard heart and my heart was being prepared to actually Love & nuture a child. Had I not experienced the miscarriage, I might have lost my 2nd Son (3rd pregnancy) because of an undiagnosed placenta previa. He was an emergency C-section 3wks early. I understand that our children belong to God and they are only on loan :) ha ha. It is very comforting to me that our Baby will not know sorrow, pain, etc.etc. I am overjoyed to know that our Baby is experiencing more Love in Heaven than I could ever fathom. I look forward to meeting our Baby when the Lord calls Me home. God can see our entirety & His word says in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Blessing to all of you. Keep seeking after God & “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”

17. Tina says:

I have to say thank you for all you lovely and touching bible verses. I lost my son and now I am trying to help families of stillbirths. Its very painful and the having faith and hope truly helps a lot. My site presently is is support-internationalstillbirthalliance.com. But will be changing in the next few days to Support-Fight-Against-Stillbirth.com. If I can help in any way please email me. I can send you to some other groups of people that maybe in your area and maybe they can assist you if you need help or support. There is also a nice web site you can go to and make a remembrance page for people to visit. That address is on my site…God Bless

18. Lisa says:

I miscarried my child, Brea Emaree Michelle, on 8/23/2010 at 20 weeks. Today marks 2 years. I miss her dearly and often times wonder why me. It just doesnt seem fair. Its a batte I’m continuing to fight everyday. I do however find comfort in God’s word. It’ll get better.

19. Juanita says:

I too, have suffered from miscarriages. The pain of the loss of a child is great. My first born son passed away at the young age of 15 from a medical condition that is only discovered mostly during autopsies. It has been nearly 5 years since I laid him to rest and I can say the pain is with me each and every day. The Lord has helped me be reminded of my blessings in life and I do cling to them all the time. It took 3 years before I started to get better and it was one Sunday after church. I had only gone to see my daughter in a play but God knew how to get me back into his house. After 3 years of asking why, He knew I was ready for His answer. What I heard that day was meant for me to hear and I want to share it in hopes that it may comfort someone else. I heard….”We are here for a purpose, and when we have fulfilled God’s purpose for our life, we will be granted rest.” For those of you who have miscarried or had stillbirths, I can not begin to answer why on that account. But for me, with losing an older child I knew that God was giving him rest. At that moment I began to heal and have now regained my life. I think of my son everyday and love him with all my heart but I know he is in peace with our Father.

20. Sarah says:

Thank you for posting this page. We may not have suffered a miscarriage, but with many years of infertility, we turned to adoption. With being matched several months ago, the birth mother is suddenly becoming very angry with us and lashing out and it seems our adoption will fall through. These scriptures were very helpful for me. Thank you.

Sarah
      Cincinnati, Ohio

21. Hilaria says:

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks it. I found out I was pregnant shortly after having my first child. It was a normal day. I already knew I was pregnant and I went to my doctors appointment to see how the baby was doing, but the doctor said there was no heartbeat. It was painful enough to know I wouldn’t have my precious baby but the day of the surgery waking up knowing my baby was no longer womb was the most devastating feeling ever.my due date would be October 17, 2012 :(. It’s been hard to get by but my daughter has helped me get through this. I am very angry at god because I don’t understand why me? Or what I did to deserve this but I hope I can leave this anger behind and that he heals my broken heart.

22. Pattie says:

I was told yesterday that my babys heartbeat had stopped at 8 wks. 2 wks ago we cried in joy when we heard the strong beat and rejoiced. Our hearts are broken but we trust God and love Him more than anything. Our faith is not shaken but we are very sad. Your verses brought great comfort. thank you

23. Justin says:

Thank you for posting these scriptures. 6 weeks ago my wife and I lost our triplet boys to pre-term labor at 22 weeks. We were so excited to have found out we were pregnant with our first child and then to find out it was triplets I can’t even describe how happy we were. We were blessed to be able to spend a few hours with them in this world. It is hard to understand why things like this happen but I know they were taken for a greater purpose and I look forward to the day we meet again.
      “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going” John 14:1-4

24. Keesha says:

I feel inspired after reading through these verses of encouragement, my 8 year old daugher suddely died on 16.11.2012 , my only child, she was not at all ill but passed away quickly and painlessly. Although we have laid her to rest We are still waiting to find out the exact cause of death as we still do not know. It has been a week since her funeral and I am finding each day harder and harder but I want to get on with previous commitments. I trust the lord with all of my heart and know that he would never give me more than I can bear. I do not ask God why because for now only he knows and I believe I too will know better by and by. God Bless You

25. Elizabeth says:

My son was born Feb 2009, and is such a blessing that we tried for another baby when he turned 1. Since then, I have miscarried 6 babies, and I am truly losing hope. I also lost my mother to heart disease and my father to cancer in the last 2 years. I believe God is testing my faith in him, and strengthening my trust in him. These bible verses are soothing to my anguished heart, thank you for putting them on your website, and thank you Jesus!

26. Kathy says:

I have never experienced a miscarriage but my daughter was. almost 8 weeks pregnant. last week the baby was fine and measuring correctly and the heartbeat was strong. We went for her first ob ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. My daughter is devastated. As am i. I turned to this site for bible verses to share with my heartbroken daughter. I am praying for all of you. Your stories are heartbreaking but God is good.

27. Karen says:

I suffered a miscarriage recently and these scriptures comforted me: “…imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised” (Hebrews 6:12) and “though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad- in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of Him who calls”. (Romans 9:11) My prayer for us all is that we will allow God’s promises to be our assurance while we faith in faith for Him to work in our lives. God bless.

28. A.L. says:

Thank you.

29. Heather P says:

I am just a little over 9 weeks. Went in for 2nd ultrasound yesterday with my amazing fiance. we saw the legs and arms. But there was no heartbeat. My heart breaks. But we know that Jesus holds our baby now, We gave a neutral name is jaden. One day we will see Jaden happy and healthy in heaven. Thanks for the comforting verses.

PLEASE NOTE:

I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Comments may or may not be published.

I DEEPLY REGRET THAT I AM NOT ABLE TO REPLY AT THIS TIME.

THIS IS NOT A DEBATE FORUM.

Copy Protected by Chetans WP-Copyprotect.