If you know me, almost everything here is old hat.
If you don’t know me, please keep an open mind. I love to quote Scripture because the verses are both beautiful and meaningful to me.
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Matthew 7:1,2
1. I was born, brought up, and still live within a few kilometers of the grave of one of my ancestors who was born and buried in the 1700′s.
2. I have only traveled as far south as Florida and as far west as Toronto, and I have no desire to explore the world, probably because of #3. Thankfully, I am satisfied at home.
3. I experience motion sickness in planes, trains, automobiles, busses, and boats. I also feel anxiety when crossing certain bridges (literally, but probably figuratively as well).
4. My first experience with the medical system was having my body hauled with forceps in a difficult breech delivery after my mother was knocked out without her consent.
5. I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 23 years, along with many other health problems.
“We were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.” 1 Corinthians 1:8-10
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:29-31
6. For non-religious reasons, I have never tasted alcohol or smoked a cigarette. I am anti-drug (legal and illegal).
7. I have always felt that nobody likes me, probably because it’s true. I just don’t fit in.
8. I have eaten hundreds of McDonald’s Quarter Pounders with Cheese or Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese (no pickles, no mustard). Since I am talking food, I must mention that lobster is my favorite. When it comes to ice cream, I’ll take half Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch and half Death-by-Chocolate.
9. I have blogged more than 3100 posts since 2001. I own six domains.
“But Mr. Meredith did no combing down or pitching into. He sat down and gathered his small culprits close to him and talked a little to them, tenderly and wisely. They were overcome with remorse and shame, and felt that they could never be so silly and thoughtless again.” L.M. Montgomery
“Connection before direction.” Dr. Gordon Neufeld
“When attachment runs deep and strong, the parent’s wish is the child’s command.” Dr. Gordon Neufeld
“When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.” Maria
“Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.” Miss Stacy
13. Favorite Celebrity: Princess Diana
“I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.” Princess Diana
“Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.” Princess Diana
14. Favorite Politician: Sarah Palin
16. Favorite Color: Red (Big surprise!)
17. I really, really love my children’s names (and them much more, of course).
“Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name.” Isaiah 49:1
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.” Jeremiah 1:5
18. I breastfed every day for a total of thirteen years (not in a row).
“Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast upon you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.” Psalm 22:9,10
“For you will nurse and be satisfied at her comforting breasts; you will drink deeply and delight in her overflowing abundance. You will nurse and be carried on her arm and dandled on her knees. As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.’” Isaiah 66:11-13
19. I strive to raise my children in a punishment-free, gently disciplined home. Jesus Christ died on the cross to save us from our sins. He took the punishment we rightly deserve. That is what grace is all about.
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:18
“What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit?” 1 Corinthians 4:21
“We were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children.” 1 Thessalonians 2:7
“Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.” Galatians 6:1,2
“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 7:12
“If you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.” Galatians 5:18
“You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.” Galatians 5:4
“I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!” Galatians 2:21
20. I love the freedom of the homeschooling lifestyle. We have been homeschooling since 1996.
“The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. ‘I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.’” John 10:12-15
“My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.” Hosea 4:6
“From infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 3:15
“All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” Isaiah 54:13
“Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.” Deuteronomy 6:1-9
“He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” Proverbs 13:20
“Do not be deceived: Bad company corrupts good morals.” 1 Corinthians 15:33
“Learn not the way of the heathen.” Jeremiah 10:2
“As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15
“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1
22. I hope to see the end of abortion.
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:13-16
“Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, ‘But we knew nothing about this,’ does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?” Proverbs 24:11,12
“They mingled with the nations and adopted their customs. They sacrificed their sons and their daughters to demons. They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood.” Psalm 106:35, 37-38
“This is what the LORD says: ‘A voice is heard in Ramah, mourning and great weeping, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because her children are no more.’” Jeremiah 31:15
“This is what the LORD says: Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of his oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the alien, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place.” Jeremiah 22:3
“This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.” Deuteronomy 30:19
23. Left to my own decisions, I would be on the road to well-deserved punishment and hell, but as a result of the Lord’s mercy and compassion, I have been given everlasting life paid for by the blood of the Lamb of God.
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.” John 15:16
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:8-10
“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38
24. I have never met anyone who wishes they had fewer children.
“Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.” Psalm 127:3-5
25. My dream was to have ten children. This is where I was supposed to be able to say, “I am half-way there.” I had this all ready to be a pregnancy announcement celebrating my fifth child. The Lord had other plans, and my six week old unborn baby is now in Heaven with Him. (The pregnancy would have been considered to be eight weeks.)
“I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD.” 1 Samuel 1:27,28
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9
“As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.” Ecclesiastes 11:5
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
“He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, ‘Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.’” Mark 9:36, 37